THE TAPESTRY AUTOMOTIVE MODEL
TAPESTRY provides an Automotive Dead Reckoning hardware and software package seamlessly integrated with our GPS RF-Output. The hardware consists of a triad of analog accelerometers and rate-gyro’s. A Four-Wheel independent pulse generator provides distance traveled and attitude through differential wheel ticks. 10 Hz Serial data models emulate the SIRF-DRIVE-II Can-buss processing.
The automotive system is an enhancement to our base configuration. The Multi-function I/O card is installed in a vacant card slot within the rack-mounted chassis. The user can control the error models, scaling, and personality of the combined automotive sensors. The Tapestry system generates the outputs automatically with precise synchronization with the GPS RF signal. This is a spectacular simulation environment and has been well received by our customers, which include major European, Japanese, and US companies. We have used this system in both an engineering development and factory certification environment under remote control. Contact us for a more detailed description of this feature.
The Automotive package includes the following features:
- 3 Gyros: 5 Volt analog outputs proportional to vehicle Rate-of-Turn. Proportionality factor and null rate offset are programmable. Nominally configured at 22.2 millivolts/ °/sec with a 2.5 Volt offset. The sense of the positive rate is programmable. Error models simulating noise, bias, scale factor, and non-linearity are provided. Independent programmable orientations.
- Wheel Ticks: Pulse rate output proportional to Vehicle Speed. Characteristics are: square wave programmable from 0 to 80,000 transitions per second. Error models simulating wheel slip, wheel sliding, bias, scale factor, and noise are provided. 4 Independent wheel channels provided with programmable wheel separation model.
- Serial Data Messages: Wheel Speed, Turn Rate, and other navigation data provided in serial format via PC Comport. 1 to 10 Hz rate supported in various formats.
- 3 Accelerometers: 3 channels of 0-5 Volt accelerometer outputs are provided. Proportionality factor and null rate offset are programmable. Nominally configured at 600 millivolts/G with a 2.0 Volt offset. Error models simulating noise, bias, scale factor, and non-linearity are provided. Independent programmable orientations.
- Programmable Axle and Wheel Base: This support differential wheel ticks for inferring turn rate.